Help Us Provide More Coats and More Smiles
In addition to your store’s contribution to our Driving Away the Cold new coat program, below are examples of ways to help us raise more money, to buy more coats. Every penny raised will be used to buy new coats. With the low cost for each of our new coats, every contribution, large or small, will directly impact a child in need.
AMAZON SMILE – SUPPORT US WHILE YOU SHOP!
Amazon will donate 0.5% of every purchase you make. Support the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation with every order with these simple steps:
- Start your shopping experience at smile.amazon.com
- Log into Amazon Smile using the same credentials from your Amazon account.
- Select “ADAGP Charitable Foundation dba Auto Dealers CARing for Kids” as your preferred charity.
- Your defaults, order history and shopping experience will be exactly the same as Amazon.com.
- To be sure every order helps our Foundation:
– On your computer, change your Amazon bookmark to the smile.amazon.com address.
– In the Amazon phone app, go to Settings in the main menu (≡), tap “AmazonSmile” and follow the onscreen instructions.
TD BANK – AFFINITY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM CODE AH988
Do you have a personal and/or business account with TD Bank? Through this program, TD Bank will make an annual contribution to the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation based on the activity of all participating accounts, including checking, savings, money market, CD, and retirement accounts. The Foundation will receive $50 for new and $10 for existing checking accounts and 0.1% of the annual average balance of other accounts. The contribution will be from TD Bank, NOT from your account. The Foundation will NOT have access to your account information. To participate, call TD’s Blue Bell branch, 610-275-5544, and ask that your account(s) be encoded with AH988 so your balances are included in this affinity program.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match their employees’ charitable contributions. Spouses or family members of your managers and staff may work for one of these companies. Encourage them to USE THIS TOOL to check it out and watch how quickly they can double their contributions.
TEAMRAISER – ONLINE FUNDRAISING TOOL
Create a customizable fundraising page that can be shared with vendors, customers, employees, friends, and family. You can add a personal photo or logo to the page and modify the text to stress why it is important to you to provide new coats to children in need. Spreading the word about how we’re spreading the warmth is easy when you send the link to your personalized page in emails, texts, social media posts, e-newsletters, etc. You can also make a team page to link individual fundraising pages for each of your dealerships, for each department or individual staff members. Team pages are great for friendly fundraising competitions between dealerships or departments. You may be surprised how others are willing to back a cause when they learn that you support it too. Find out more or register for your TeamRaiser page HERE or, contact Meghann Ryan for help with getting started.
GRANTS AND DONATIONS – CONNECT US TO OTHER GIVERS
Who do you know that we don’t know? To strengthen this program’s sustainability, we are seeking contributions from sources outside of the retail auto industry. We have applied for grants from local, state, and national organizations. If you serve on the board of a grant making non-profit or have a connection with a company or organization that would support our program, please make an introduction. Once you open the door, we will do all the work; we are ready to make the ask or complete the grant application. Please contact Mary Lynn Alvarino and Meghann Ryan to share the details.
Engage Your Customers
- Offer to match your customers’ donations.
- Lower the car sale price by the amount of a customer’s donation up to a certain amount.
- Put a bright sticker on every RO with a plea to donate. Sample text: We support the Driving Away the Cold program, giving thousands of brand new winter coats to kids in need. You can help! Visit MoreThanAutoDealers.com to fund a new coat.
A bit more effort
Let your customers know that you support the Driving Away the Cold new coat program and they can help too. Simply create a new accounting code for donations and encourage your cashiers to invite customers to round up to the nearest dollar amount, add a dollar or two, or 20, whatever they feel comfortable with. Try this for the month of October, or through the end of the year. At the end of your campaign, send a check for the amount collected to:
Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation
3311 Swede Rd, Ste A
East Norriton, PA 19401
We also have cash collection boxes. Contact Meghann Ryan or Hector Guzman to have one delivered to your store.
HOST A FUNDRAISING EVENT
You do not need a large gathering to host an event. This can be a great team-building exercise. Get your creative staff members to think about innovative ways to raise money and feel free to include their family members; maybe someone has a child who is looking for a way to earn community service hours for a school club or project. Below are suggestions to get the creative juices flowing:
- Car wash – invite your customers and other community members
- Bake sale for staff and customers
- BBQ lunch for employees – participants contribute a few dollars more than the cost of the food
- Facebook fundraising campaign
- “Wear jeans to work” day (employees donate $5 to wear jeans)