Auto Dealers Caring for Kids Foundation
Who We Are
The Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Auto Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia (ADAGP). In other words, both organizations are comprised of the same members but the ADAGP is responsible for all industry-related activities while the Foundation spearheads all philanthropic giving. It is a non-profit organization recognized by the IRS under Code 501(c)(3).
The mission of the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation is to enhance and enrich the lives of children and youth in the communities where our dealer members work and live. We want the public to know that we are small business owners who believe in the power of giving back and that we are More Than Auto Dealers.
History & Giving
Back in 2003, the ADAGP wanted to formalize and strengthen the charitable efforts that it had been conducting for quite some time. We had been supporting Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia but we wanted to do more. And so, the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation was born!
We are proud to say that since forming our Foundation in 2003, we have truly been able to build stronger relationships in our communities and do more giving. To date, we have distributed more than $12.3 million to area children’s charities, organizations and initiatives. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. Some of our most recent highlights include:
- More than 367,000 brand new winter coats have been donated to local children in need through our one-of-a-kind Driving Away the Cold program that takes place every fall.
- The Black Tie Tailgate, one of our signature events, continues to grow in size, scope and its level of philanthropic giving. In 2018, more than $600,000 was raised for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia through the event!
- Approximately 90,000 families each year find comfort and important knowledge in the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation Patient Welcome Center at Children’s Hospital, which was funded through a multi-million dollar pledge by the Foundation.
- Every spring, the Foundation hosts a automotive technology competition that awards more than $1 million in scholarships and prizes to the top automotive high school students in the region so they can further their education.
- The Foundation promotes and encourages a healthy lifestyle for today’s youth by supporting Healthy Kids Day at 30 area YMCAs every spring.
All the accomplishments listed above were made possible through the generosity and support of our dealer and associate members. If you would like to support the good work we are doing, please click here.